Everything you need to know to start creating native applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Get started developing iPhone apps using the Apple iPhone SDK
Learning to develop iPhone applications doesn't need to be an overwhelming undertaking. This book provides an easy-to-follow,example-driven introduction to the fundamentals of the Apple iPhone SDK and offers you a clear understanding of how things are done when programming iPhone applications with Objective-C. As you progress through the exercises featured in each chapter, you will discover the simple logic behind each step required for creating your own iPhone applications. When you reach the end of the book, you will be prepared to confidently tackle your next iPhone programming challenge.
Beginning iPhone SDK:
- Explains how the fundamental concepts of outlets and actions allow your code to interact with the visual elements in Interface Builder
- Describes the use of the various views that make up the user interface (UI) of your iPhone apps
- Shows you how to build Tab Bar, Navigation, and Utility applications
- Explores the powerful Table view and how it can be used to display rows of data
- Discusses using application settings to persist application preferences
- Demonstrates how to implement multi-touch capability in your iPhone application
- Introduces the various techniques you can apply to develop animations for the iPhone
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Paperback: 552 pages
Publisher: Wrox; 1 edition (January 7, 2010)
Condition: Brand New